Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Electronic Fund Transfer or "How I Paid for my Car"

This is from the Red Flag Deals forum Aug.21/07

I EFT'd a $4000+ deposit to my dealer in Western New York. It took a few days to process. On the third day the money came out of my account and the next morning the dealer confirmed the money was in their account.I kept the transfer receipts since I suspected I'd be asked for them. And I showed them at the border when I crossed into the US when my car was ready for my inspection. Since I live about 1.5 hours from the dealer, I made arrangements to inspect the car a week before formal delivery to ensure the accessories I wanted were installed on the car. That was the first time I met the dealer and actually saw the car I was buying. At that point we did 99% of the paperwork and paid for the car in full then using a US bank draft. During the waiting period, the dealer sent in my documents to US Customs and Subaru of America.The day I picked up my car, I was met at the bus station and drove my new car home from there. I had the recall letter in my hand as well.

No comments: