Tuesday, October 2, 2007

form 2 info

Originally Posted by icecom
I got my 2007 Veracruz licensed today. It was so easy, I emailed MSO, online RIV fee receipt, and recall clearance letter this morning. Called around 2:00 pm and the girl said your form is ready. hang up the phone check my email and it's there. 10 minutes at a CT, they keep the form II, just stamped form I. Went over to MTO, a long wait about 30 minutes. Paid PST and got licensed. The counter clerk was asking me about safety, I told her it's brand new and don't need safety. She verified with others and got everything ready for me in 10 minutes. The reason I think is that they are dealing with used vehicle transactions all the time and don't usually deal with new vehicles, new vehicle registration is done by dealer counter, so the dealer counter clerks are familiar with new vehicle registration requirement. If you stuck, just ask them to confirm with dealer counter clerk. I was skeptical on the clearance letter at first, it was printed from Hyundai website called "Warranty Vehicle Information" and said "no outstanding campaigns". But RIV approved it no problem.The whole process is so easy, not much different than buying local. You only need to find out a US dealer willing to work with you.I figure I saved around 12K compared to buying in Canada.Thanks OP, thanks everyone contributed in this forum and everyone who sent me leads. THANKS!!!!

No comments: